Friday, September 10, 2010

Hollow Ceramic Fruit. Whoever Knew It Would Be So Difficult?




I decided that you needed to see all aspects and angles of my oddly shaped and oddly arranged ceramic fruit....or at least I was going to make you see all sides of it. ;)

Here are some insights into this arrangement:

1. class assignment for one of my SA-WEET class: intro to ceramics.
2. had to join 3 fruits or veggies. all must be hollow and have different textures and sizes.
3. Cantelope was probably the easiest fruit to make. wait, all mine were EASIER (in comparison to others), hence the eclectic-ness.
4. Yes. That is a cantelope, peach, and squash. Yes I am sure. I think.
5. we get to color it next week!
6. I plan on finally reading this pottery book I bought myself 2 years ago. It's time to get on top of that.

2 comments:

aswin said...

looks great. So did you color it yet?
Will it like become like rock in the end.

lisey said...

thanks aswin!! so we haven't colored it quite yet. While we are waiting for it to be fired up, we are working on our next project: a slab box (well sorta...mine's an oval). And yes it will kind of look rockish...or at least like a pot or a plate type feel to it.